My beautiful Son, who I absolutely adore is now almost four years old, he is above average size and extremely tall for his age. He is the biggest in his class at daycare even though he is currently the youngest in the class. Let me tell you the struggle is real, and he outgrows clothes, shoes, and strollers faster than my budget and I would like.
I had to look at what strollers are available on the market so that I could buy one stroller that I will be able to use from infant to toddler to avoid having to purchase a new one every year or so, and I was pleasantly surprised with what was available.
The most important lesson I learned while doing this was, Don’t let looks deceive you….
This first umbrella stroller is an excellent example of why I decided this.
When I first saw this stroller, I was tempted to pass by without giving it a second glance because it just didn’t look capable of accommodating my little giant.
Boy was I wrong, weighing only 10.8 lbs this awesome find is tested up to 55 pounds, and is perfect for infants and toddlers.
There are loads of Pros:
– Super lightweight
– Easy to fold and open which can be done with one hand
– Large storage basket and canopy
The seat can recline to flat position and the solid natural rubber tires with front swivel wheels and suspension systems gives you a smooth ride wherever you go.
What puts this stroller above the rest is the fact that it comes standard with original organizer, mosquito net, windproof cover and baby handle, included in your box for free. Seriously, who doesn’t like free items? I know I do.
Not only is this stroller perfect but it also comes in the most unique designs you will find on the market today. The US and the UK flag prints are my two favourites, not only are they stunning but it also means that they are unisex.
– The jury is still out on the cons of this stroller and to be honest I can’t think of one, I just love this stroller, it’s practical and gorgeous, and both you and your little one will love it.
In my humble opinion, this is hands down the best lightweight stroller, and a must have for every parent of a preschooler.
Sturdy, comfortable and versatile are just some of the words that have been used to describe this umbrella stroller, with an overall rating of 4 stars, this is good all round stroller and with the good outweighing the bad, definitely one you can consider when shopping for a reclining stroller for your toddler.
– 4-position reclining backrest
– Adjustable footrest which is awesome when you have a tall toddler like mine.
– Large canopy with a window for you to easily keep an eye on your little one, the canopy can tilt forward to use as a sun visor to protect your child on those blazing summer days in the park.
Very compact when folded and with a carry handle, makes this a perfect travelling stroller. The height of the stroller is absolutely perfect for taller parents who are able to push comfortably. One of the most important factors I always consider is the safety, so I give the 5-point adjustable safety harness two thumbs up.
FREE, yes free accessories included are the cup holder, basket, rain cover, bumper bar and shoulder strap pads.
– Shorter parents might find it difficult to push
– The storage basket is unreachable when the seat is reclined
– The folding mechanism is a small lever which isn’t pedicure friendly, and you will need to have shoes on to use it.
All in all, it is a good, well-priced stroller that will be comfortable and safe for your toddler or infant especially if you do a lot of traveling.
This is the Godfather of double strollers, and it offers you everything you would want in a stroller and more.
– Extra-large individually adjustable canopies
– Individually reclining seats means that your baby can sleep while your toddler sits upright enjoying the scenery.
The large storage basket allows more than enough space for necessities for both children with a parent tray for Mommy’s goodies.
– Wouldn’t recommend it for infants younger than six months or toddlers older than four years old.
– Small wheels tend to make the ride a bit bumpy on some terrains.
Travelling with two children is a breeze with this stroller because it is easy to fold, compact and extra lightweight fits in most trunks and no hassle when flying or using public transportation.
A huge bonus with this stroller is that ZOE offers a lifetime guarantee on the wheels and will replace them free of charge should they become faulty or break.
Your children will be securely strapped in with the 5-point safety harness that is adjustable depending on your child’s size. Rated 18kg and tested up to 50lbs you will be blown away with the comfort of this stroller for both infants and toddlers.
Top of the range with all the bells and whistles this is one of those strollers that I am hard pressed to find any negatives about.
It is one of the largest Umbrella strollers available on the market, suitable for newborn up to 65lbs, so even my tall son will fit in it comfortably till at least five years old.
– 4-position fully reclining seat
– Extendable leg rest for your toddler and a built-in newborn safety system if you were using it for your baby.
– Height adjustable handles
– Extendable sun canopy and built-in sun visor for the hot summer days.
Because all parents know that accidents happen the removable, machine washable seat will keep your stroller looking as good as new.
Included with the stroller are a premium wind-resistant rain cover, coordinating winter boot, head hugger & shoulder pads, so you don’t need to purchase any extra accessories.
– Depending on how you look at it the only negative is the price. However, you are paying for what you get, and it is definitely worth it. A bit out of my price range otherwise I would have definitely purchased one and the plum/silver as in the picture would be my color choice.
I would even go as far as to say that not only is this a good Umbrella stroller but it is the best umbrella stroller for your long-legged toddler.
This lightweight stroller packs a mean punch for its size, Ultra lightweight, boasting all the features a parent could want in an umbrella stroller you won’t go wrong with this beauty.
Available in six different colors you will find that this stylish stroller won’t disappoint. The footrest has two positions to ensure the comfort of a tall or short toddler
– Lightweight graphite aluminum frame
– Designed to support growing children
– Compact umbrella fold, convenient shoulder strap
– Unique design canopy with sun visor and peekaboo window
– Multi-position reclining seat and adjustable footrest
– 5-point safety harness
– Not compatible with car seat
Some parents may disagree with me, but even though it is not compatible with a car seat I won’t rule it out as a strong contender for my toddler, it has everything else I could want and is a car seat really a necessity for a Toddler? I think not.
Other parents may think that at four years old a Toddler should be walking and not in a stroller, and I agree to some extent. However, we can’t expect our little ones to last on foot on a full day outing. I like to take my son on such outings, whether it is to a fairground or a zoo, as they stimulate him and can be very educational and for that reason, I will always rely on my trusty Umbrella Stroller.